A beautifully detailed, antique pocket watch by Elgin in wonderful condition for a piece of history over 100 years old!
- made by Elgin, a renowned watch making company between 1870 and 1926, based in Illinois, USA
- year: 1896
- yellow gold filled case with nice clean screw-on back and screw-on bezel
- Detailed engraving around the edges of the pocket watch and a decorative design with a picture of a house on the back, slightly worn from use over the last 100 years!
- 7 jewel manual movement
- 18 size (54mm side to side – a nice, larger size)
- White porcelain dial with black Roman numerals and blue-black hands as well as seconds dial, in great condition for the age
A Little Bit About Our Vintage Watches.
Vintage and antique watches are very special items that have been running for many years – some of our watches are over 100 years old! They are beautiful pieces of art, and should be enjoyed as such. As they are all manual watches (with detailed inner workings, rather than a quartz movement like most modern watches), it is not uncommon for vintage and antique watches to loose or gain a few seconds a day. This should be expected and enjoyed as part of the pleasure of owning a piece of history.
All our watches are guaranteed for 6 months – for more information on our guarantee and return policy please visit our FAQ page.